The cell cylinders are made from acrylic plastic material and those for use up to 20 bar (20 kg/cm2) are usually reinforced by bands. Each cell has four take-off positions, drilled in the base, for Cell pressure, Pore water pressure, Drainage, or backpressure. All valves are of the ‘no-volume change’ type. Universal triaxial cells accept a range of base adaptors for testing a wide range of specimen sizes.
Triaxial Pore Pressure for 38mm, 50mm, 75mm, 100mm, 150mm & 200mm.
The Pore Pressure Measuring apparatus consists of a screw pressure pump, null indicator in Perspex, Pressure Gauge, Mercury Manometer, Volume Change Burette, and the necessary connecting tubes and valves. It is used for measuring pore water pressure and pore air pressure in soils.
It has many features which simplify the operation. The Null Indicator is safe from a transparent Perspex block. It is a simplified U-Tube Null Indicator, in which water can bypass mercury if the null indicator is tilted; thus a de-airing process by the circulation of water is facilitated. All features enable a visual check to be made during the de-airing operation of the apparatus. A mercury manometer and a pressure gauge of bourdon tube type are provided in the panel on which the whole equipment is mounted. Very small positive or negative pressures are observed on the manometer. A 50ml burette is clamped to a sliding bracket on one side of the panel. It is used for measuring the volume change in the specimen when subjected to confining pressure in the triaxial cell. A small amount of Mercury is supplied along with the apparatus.
The equipment consists of the following replaceable parts:
- Pressure Gauge Bourdon Tube Type, Graduation: -1.0 to +10bar in 0.1 bar Divisions (-1 to 10 kg/cm2) Dia:100mm.
- Manometer Glass U-Tube, measures low positive and negative pore pressure and helps to check zero error of pressure gauge. It is provided with a mercury trap.
- Null Indicator Perspex with mercury trap and cursor to indicate the mercury level.x
- Burette, 50ml for measurement of volume change in the soil specimen.
- Pressure Pump fitted with four Ball Values.
All the above parts are fixed on a panel suitable for mounting on the wall.
Two Types Pore Pressure Apparatus
- Pore Pressure Apparatus 1000 kPa (10 kg/cm2) capacity.
- Pore Pressure Apparatus 2000 kPa (20 kg/cm2) capacity.
TRIAXIAL CONSTANT PRESSURE (OIL AND AIR) FOR 38MM, 50MM, 75MM, 100MM, 150MM & 200MM.
Constant Pressure Systems are meant for maintaining the pressure in the triaxial cell constant by automatically compensating for the fluctuation of cell pressure taking place as a result of volume change occurring in the cell due to expansion of the specimen under high pressure, entry of the loading plunger into the cell, consolidation of specimen, etc. Constant Pressure Systems are usually employed to ensure accurate performance of such types of Triaxial Shear Tests (Consolidated undrained test on clayey soils and drained test on most of the soils) where maintenance of the set pressure constant over a long period is essential.
- Use of Mercury is eliminated
- Maintains constant Pressure Continuously
- Pressure Capacity, 10bar (10kg/cm2)
- Also suitable for mobile laboratories.
The system consists of an oil pump continuously driven by an electric motor during the test period. The internal components are housed in a strong compact housing. The piston on which weights are kept rotates with minimum friction. A transparent oil water vessel is provided to transmit pressure to the cell. A hand pump provided facilitates priming and to maintain constant pressure during power failure.
The foot pump supplied easily develops a pressure of 10 kg/cm2 Complete with connecting pressure hose.
- Range 0-20 bar(0-20kg/cm2)
- Steps of pressure 0.5bar (0.5kg/cm2)
- >Accuracy + 0.5%
- Electric supply 230V, Single Phase, 50Hz, AC supply.
Supplied complete with pressure gauge, flow valves, connecting pressure hose and set of weights to give maximum pressure of 20 bar (20 kg/cm2
Supplied complete with Pressure Gauge, Flow Valves, Connecting Pressure Hose.
Suitable for operation on 220V, 50Hz, Single Phase, AC Supply.