The unit is same as VSLIC-S132 except that it is motorised. It is provided with a turret type gear box to get 12 different constant rates of strain i.e 1.25, 0.625, 0.25, 0.125, 0.05, 0.025, 0.01, 0.005, 0.002, 0.001, 0.0004, and 0.0002 mm/min. and arrangements to carry out residual shear strength tests. Suitable for operation with 220V, 50 hz, single- phase supply.
The unit confirms to IS:2720. It has a hand operated horizontal loading system for shearing the specimen. Hangers are provided for creating normal stress.
It comprises :-
- Shear box assembly, 60 mm square, complete with a U-bracket, guide pins and spacing screws, made of brass.
- Gripper assembly consisting of two plain grid plates, two perforated grid plates, one base plate and one loading pad, all made of brass.
- Two porous stones, each 6 mm thick, fitting the shear box.
- Shear box housing of brass, complete with two ball roller strips.
- Loading unit with normal loading of 8 kg/cm² on 60 mm square specimen.
- Specimen cutter for a specimen size of 60 mm x 60 mm x 25 mm.
- Set of weights to give a normal stress upto 3 kg/cm² through lever, comprising 4 of 0.05 kg/cm², 1 of 0.1 kg/cm², 1 of 0.2 kg/cm², 3 of 0.5 kg/cm² and 1 of 1 kg/cm². Complete as above but without dial gauges and proving ring.